You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 15 paint chipping on its own

the metal part on the camera on my iphone 15 is chipping on its owns. I have noticed this on the 1st day but I thought its just dust or adhesive but after 3 weeks it got worse.

iphone 15 paint discoloration, paint chipping off , camera paint. Black iphone 15 camera problem

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 8:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 10:03 PM

I am facing the same problem after 2 weeks i saw a chipping on the camera ring. Do someone know what should I do?

9 replies

Jul 18, 2024 2:05 PM in response to TheEjayyy

Off lately, Apple is really disappointing its consumers. I had a iphone 13 mini which was running flawlessly until the day it was suffering from green line of death. And since it was way past its warranty time, the  support asked me to pay the amount which was way too high then my iPhone’s resell value. I decided to purchase a new one. I took iphone 15 and this is the 7th month of purchase and i am seeing the paint pilling off its own near to the camera area. I really having trust issues with . I am pretty sure my next phone ain't gonna be  but rather samsung. Thank You  for ruining the experience.

May 7, 2024 4:44 PM in response to Dev_joon

just get a lens protector, I know they may degrade quality of the photos you take, but they help protect your camera from any damages. In my personal experience with lens protectors so far I don't see an issue with my photos. So i'd say its probably the easiest way to cover the paint chip. This is the brand I used for mine. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0CCYN42DL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Iphone 15 paint chipping on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.