Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to fix dark and blurry Photos on iPhone Pro with iOS 17

I’m using iPhone 13pro ever since I updated my phone my camera has been dark,blurry and taking bad pictures. I need help I have changed the settings but still the same

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 28, 2023 11:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2023 12:37 PM

I have iPhone 13 as well and after the update, my camera, videos and photos will not focus. I have read the manual on the iPhone camera usage and I have checked all the settings this is definitely a problem with the update 17.2.1

9 replies

Jan 11, 2024 9:20 PM in response to SravanKrA

If what SravanKrA said is Apple’s stance, sounds like Apple is trying to deny they made a mistake. Just what we should expect from a company that purposely throttled older devices to force users to upgrade.

After the update, my iPad’s front facing camera has a hard time focusing, is wavy and has somewhat of a fisheye effect. I have never adjusted my iPad’s camera settings and the camera worked perfectly prior to the update.

Nov 29, 2023 12:54 AM in response to Enaj95

iOS updates generally aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. Camera issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

This seems purely coincidental so please check the Setting on your device. Learn to take correct pictures using iPhoine camera --> Photography using iPhone - Apple Community

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

How to fix dark and blurry Photos on iPhone Pro with iOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.