iCloud sharing

My wife has a new Mac lap top. She had over 3000 photos on her iPhone and on my iCloud which I'm sharing with her. She isn't wanting all those photos on her lap top. If I sync her lap top to iCloud will all those photos automatically go on to her lap top?

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 11:43 AM

Depends on her setting. If she ensures her iCloud/Photos setting is to optimize Mac storage (leaving originals on the cloud) then they will appear on her MacBook but use barely any storage.

This is what we do for all of our MacBooks, iPads, and iPhones as we have tens of thousands of photos and not nearly enough storage on any of our devices.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2023 11:43 AM in response to mfoster60

Depends on her setting. If she ensures her iCloud/Photos setting is to optimize Mac storage (leaving originals on the cloud) then they will appear on her MacBook but use barely any storage.

This is what we do for all of our MacBooks, iPads, and iPhones as we have tens of thousands of photos and not nearly enough storage on any of our devices.

iCloud sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.