Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iOs 17.1.1 - share button is broken, please advice how to fix the bug

Hello,

Inside safari or in photos app, I cannot share an item using the main share button, see printscreen bellow

When I push airdrop, messages or any button, nothing happens

I also sometimes get a full blank screen like this one

Please provide me with advice on how to fix this. It looks like a bug to me, and it's very annoying

iOs 17.1.1 on brand new iPhone 15 pro

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2023 5:30 AM

I have the same issue. In my case the icons are shown in the Share Menu but nothing happens when I click on them.

99 replies

Dec 27, 2023 6:24 AM in response to vparpoil

Ok I found a reliable fix! It’s stayed fixed for a couple days this time:

Settings > Siri and Search > suggestions from Apple header, toggle off the “Show when Sharing” feature

This seems to be some kind of Siri bug. The Siri share suggestions are actually very good so it’s super unfortunate to have to turn it off, but it works!

Props goes to someone on Reddit that shared this, but I can’t find the user or post anymore.

Dec 8, 2023 10:37 AM in response to vparpoil

Same issue and I can confirm it doesn’t matter if I’m connected to wi-fi or not, and it is the share button itself that seems broken (doesn't work for sharing contacts, screencaps, files, etc), doesn't matter what ap I'm trying to share things out of, Apple native ap or otherwise.

Im also noticing the problem seems to have started since the 17.1.2 install.

Dec 25, 2023 12:16 PM in response to vparpoil

This starred with 17.2.1 update for me. Force power off (volume up, volume dn, side button) fixed it the first time. 2 days later, started again. Force power cycle didn’t help. Surprisingly regular power off fixed it. 2 hours later, came back again. I use WhatsApp and Ring apps a lot. Not sure if they are causing some incompatibility with the new update. Could be some other App too. Very frustrating!

Jan 3, 2024 12:50 PM in response to vparpoil

I encountered the same problem;

However, this happens at my office location. The moment I exit my office building, it starts working again. Has anyone else experienced this, and could it be related to the location or proximity to a type of Wi-Fi point/extender or something else? I've tested this a few times, and it does happen again and again.

Very weird.

iOs 17.1.1 - share button is broken, please advice how to fix the bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.