Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

how to update from osx 12.7.1 to 13.5

I just purchased a 2021 MacBook Pro m1 pro and just need to update from 12.7.1 to 13.5 osx. Specifically for running protools and Logic Pro. I was able to update one version of Monterey but now its only giving me the option to update to the latest osx (Sonoma) which I don't want. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 12:54 PM

I expect the Avid advice is out of date.

It is always best to apply the latest updates to any version of MacOS you decide to install, because that will have all the fixes added.

If you have another external drive available, you could install it there and try it out without clobbering your existing macOS

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2023 12:54 PM in response to TengoPreguntas

I expect the Avid advice is out of date.

It is always best to apply the latest updates to any version of MacOS you decide to install, because that will have all the fixes added.

If you have another external drive available, you could install it there and try it out without clobbering your existing macOS

Nov 30, 2023 4:42 PM in response to TengoPreguntas

TengoPreguntas wrote:

I just purchased a 2021 MacBook Pro m1 pro and just need to update from 12.7.1 to 13.5 osx. Specifically for running protools and Logic Pro. I was able to update one version of Monterey but now its only giving me the option to update to the latest osx (Sonoma) which I don't want. Thanks!

By default, the App Store hides all but the latest version of macOS. You can get Ventura by using the link in this Support article:

How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

You might get the latest version of Ventura (13.6.1) – not specifically 13.5.

Nov 30, 2023 11:57 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Hi, Thank you for the reply. So it looks like I could do the upgrade using the App Store, however it’s only giving me the option of going to macOS 13.6.1

I was hoping to stay at 13.5 as recommended by Avid for running Protools. Hopefully it’s not an issue since it’s so close. Do you know if there is way to upgrade specifically to 13.5? Thanks again!

how to update from osx 12.7.1 to 13.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.