My cricket ringtone disappeared. I want it back. Can Apple add it back

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2023 11:23 AM

Bring the cricket text tone back.

37 replies

Feb 8, 2024 4:36 PM in response to Inmyopinion

Crickets transferred from my old phone to my 15 promax as my text alert, however when I was trying a new sound, crickets disappeared out of my text sound selections.

No other sound selection for texts is loud enough to hear, especially when your phone is buried in your purse! It would be awesome if Apple would give us that choice again!

Jan 16, 2024 12:17 PM in response to justadrone

justadrone wrote:

I had to find a ring tone from iTunes under Nature. It is a real recording. Also I downloaded owls for another feature. It’s not the sound you may expect but it’s a real recording.
I need a ringtone on a higher frequency bc I have some hearing issues due to working in a loud environment. I can’t be the only one with this issue.
Apple should be more aware of this issue even if I’m not deaf.

I'm sure Apple is well aware that they removed "Crickets" from text tones. It is, however, still there for ring tones.

You can let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Feb 9, 2024 8:58 AM in response to justadrone

justadrone wrote:

There are no crickets in text tones

That is correct. With the release of iOS 17, Apple made a hard distinction between text and ring tones. If the tone you want is not available as a text tone, your options are to buy or make one that suits you.

You can also let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Most of my life I have lived fairly close to train tracks (and I come from a family of railroad workers). I find the sound of a train whistle off in the distance, especially at night, to be a very pleasant sound.

Jan 16, 2024 9:38 AM in response to Inmyopinion

I had to find a ring tone from iTunes under Nature. It is a real recording. Also I downloaded owls for another feature. It’s not the sound you may expect but it’s a real recording.

I need a ringtone on a higher frequency bc I have some hearing issues due to working in a loud environment. I can’t be the only one with this issue.

Apple should be more aware of this issue even if I’m not deaf.

Feb 9, 2024 8:17 AM in response to Raicya

I said TEXT tone not ring tone. I use the Old Phone for a ring tone so I can tell which feature the phone is using. There is no cricket single on TEXT tone. In the C category there are: Calypso, Chimes, Choo-Choo, Circles, Complete. They are text tones. There are no crickets in text tones except the one I downloaded from a nature sounds selection in the Music Store. On a related note, the sound of a train IN THE DISTANCE would be to me a soothing sound just not the close train sound. Sometimes I hear the real thing at night and it’s comforting for some reason I can’t explain.

Feb 13, 2024 8:23 AM in response to justadrone

justadrone wrote:

I see I did say ring tone but I meant text tone. My bad. But the issue is the same. And I don’t care if Apple is” well aware “. They need to hear from us anyway bc if they don’t they will assume we are okay with this omission.

If you want Apple to "hear from" you, this is not the place. They don't read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

I still have hearing issues. The higher frequency range is best for me. Natural sounds are soothing so th crickets were perfect for me.

While you are waiting to see when/if Apple ever makes a change, you can try downloading a similar sounding text tone from the iTunes Store. Other people have reported that their are some that are similar.

Mar 1, 2024 9:25 PM in response to purna39

purna39 wrote:

Please, bring cricket text tone back! Now it is neither available for texts or ringtones. It was my favorite. Non of the others compared.

No one here in this user-to-user forum can bring anything back. You can let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, people have reported finding very similar tones available for purchase in the iTunes Store.

Where is ring tone Cricket

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.