iOS 17 Charging and battery issues getting annoying and irritating

• iOS 17 - iphone not charging

(unless I do a hard reset & multiple plugging in and out the charger)

• iOS 17.1.1 - iphone not passing 75 % and still no charging fix

• iOS 17.1.2 - iPhone heating up and the battery draining when the iPhone is not being used…

(and still no charging fix)

iPhone XS Max, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 6:11 AM

It has started about a week ago. I have two iPhone devices, iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro both having latest iOS 17 and is not charging properly. Either the charging drops when plug in with charger or is stuck at some point. I have seen other users also having the same issue on the iOS 17 update.

Same detailed issue discussed here also

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2023 6:11 AM in response to rojay33

It has started about a week ago. I have two iPhone devices, iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro both having latest iOS 17 and is not charging properly. Either the charging drops when plug in with charger or is stuck at some point. I have seen other users also having the same issue on the iOS 17 update.

Same detailed issue discussed here also

Dec 25, 2023 11:17 AM in response to rojay33

Can’t verify the % or overheating but absolutely getting killed by it suddenly not charging while powered on. When powered off sometimes no charge, sometimes charges a small amount and stops, and shows as not connected. Requires continual retrying with power off (so can’t use) just to avoid draining to 0. Phone often can’t be used when needed.

Apple has truly lost their way as far as where to spend their funds.

Dec 2, 2023 1:26 AM in response to rojay33

Are you saying iOS 17.1.2 has all the other issues that you encountered on iOS 17 and iOS 17.1?

iPhone Not charging: If your device charges slowly or won't charge · Check your charging cable and USB adapter for signs of damage, like breakage or bent prongs. · Use a wall power

If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge

Not Passing 75% of charging: If Optimised Battery Charging won’t activate

Optimised charging is designed to only engage in locations where you spend the most time, such as your home and place of work. The feature won’t engage when your usage habits are more variable, such as when you travel. Because of this, some location settings must be enabled for Optimised Battery Charging to activate.* None of the location information used for this feature is sent to Apple.

Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services and turn on Location Services.
  • Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > System Services and turn on System Customisation.
  • Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations and turn on Significant Locations.

About Optimised Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Heating and Batery Drain:

1. Prolong and Maximise Battery Performance … - Apple Community
  2. Battery Draining Fast - Apple Community
  3. Overheating issues with my iPhone - Actio… - Apple Community

iOS 17 Charging and battery issues getting annoying and irritating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.