wifi not working after 17.1.2 update

My iPhone will not connect to my WiFi network after the 17.1.2 update it sees my network but will not connect. Forced restart did not work. “Forget the network” and selecting it again didn’t work as well. All my other devices that are not updated are still connected to my WiFi network?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 8:44 PM

Dogman74 Said:

"wifi not working after 17.1.2 update: My iPhone will not connect to my WiFi network after the 17.1.2 update it sees my network but will not connect. Forced restart did not work. 'Forget the network' and selecting it again didn’t work as well. All my other devices that are not updated are still connected to my WiFi network?"

-------

Report back if anything here helps...

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

A few thoughts to try:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch won't Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

III. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

IV. Reconnect to your Network:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Wi-Fi
  3. Disable: Wi-Fi
  4. Wait: 30 seconds
  5. Enable: Wi-Fi

V. Add Back the Network:

3. Remove: the network
  5. Add: the network back
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2023 8:44 PM in response to Dogman74

Dogman74 Said:

"wifi not working after 17.1.2 update: My iPhone will not connect to my WiFi network after the 17.1.2 update it sees my network but will not connect. Forced restart did not work. 'Forget the network' and selecting it again didn’t work as well. All my other devices that are not updated are still connected to my WiFi network?"

-------

Report back if anything here helps...

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

A few thoughts to try:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch won't Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

III. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

IV. Reconnect to your Network:

3. Disable: Wi-Fi
  5. Enable: Wi-Fi

V. Add Back the Network:

3. Remove: the network
  5. Add: the network back

Dec 7, 2023 10:21 AM in response to TheLittles

Hello TheLittles, thanks a lot for providing these steps. Unfortunately, nothing of this Solved my problem. In my case, the wireless connection is now actually established, but it cannot be used by the iPad (6th generation) with iPadOS 17.1.2

An iPhone, which I am using to write this text, also uses the same wireless and functional internet connection.

Note: The icons displayed by safari are loaded after resetting safari (steps II). But these may be cached locally

How can I check or verify what kind of error keeps the iPad from using the internet connection?

I have also changed a lot of settings in my wireless router w.r.t. IPv6. The iPhone quite likes these but the iPad doesn’t. Does the iPad handle the routing differently? What’s wrong?

Thanks very much for any help!

wifi not working after 17.1.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.