Two column text in a 1-column document

I want to insert half a page of text in 2-column format into a 1-column document; however, I want to keep the 2-column text on the same page as they text that preceded it. If I insert a section break, Pages automatically starts a new page. Pages used to do what I want, but I cannot figure out how to make it do so now.

Mac Studio, macOS 14.1

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 5:15 AM

Let's say you have three paragraphs of text and you want the second paragraph in two column format. Select that entire paragraph and then click the Layout tab on the Text panel and increment the columns to 2. Your first and last paragraph remain unchanged and the middle paragraph is transformed into two columns:

To:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2023 5:15 AM in response to Expat_in_Japan

Let's say you have three paragraphs of text and you want the second paragraph in two column format. Select that entire paragraph and then click the Layout tab on the Text panel and increment the columns to 2. Your first and last paragraph remain unchanged and the middle paragraph is transformed into two columns:

To:

Two column text in a 1-column document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.