My macbook is not charging

Hi, I have a MacBook Pro 13 (2019) that won't charge. I've tested both ports, and neither seems to work. The charger is functional. Interestingly, it initially started charging, but it stopped at 23%. Even when left on charge, the battery icon shows it's using the charger, but the battery isn't charging. Removing the charger doesn't change the icon. Any idea why it behaves like this with no apparent issues?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 12:36 PM

4 replies

Dec 3, 2023 12:51 PM in response to RAGALIK

Try an SMC Reset, make sure to read the instructions carefully since the procedure has changed for the 2018+ models.

Make sure to connect the charger directly to the laptop (no adapters, docks, hubs) and disconnecting all other devices from the laptop.

If you can power on the laptop, then with the charger connected, try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

More than likely you will need to have the laptop repaired. Have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

My macbook is not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.