Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Unable to disable the prompt saying “An older version of this document is available.”

There’s a PDF I keep in my files app which I have edited. And now every time I open this file I get a prompt at the top of the screen saying “An older version of this document is available.” With a button to “show original”.

The file itself is like a checklist, and I’m editing to check off certain boxes. So the edits are kinda the whole point of the file for me. I don't have any use for the “original”. I understand this might be helpful in some cases, but is there no “don’t ask me this again” option anywhere?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Dec 4, 2023 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2024 8:43 AM

I have this same problem. It makes my iPhone useless, because I need to edit files often, and ios software makes it almost impossible

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 25, 2024 12:52 PM in response to pjotr17

This "feature" blocks the QR code in the downloaded concert / bus / sports ticket that I'm trying to have scanned with a line of impatient people behind me and a ticked off person with a scanner in front of me. Has happened three times in the past 2 weeks to me. This is the dumbest feature they've added in a while.

And pjotr17 your post shouldn't have the words "seem to" in it.

Unable to disable the prompt saying “An older version of this document is available.”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.