Can I use a checking account instead of a debit card for Apple Pay?

I am trying to change my method of payment for ApplePay on my Mac computer and my iPhone. Can I enter a checking account number instead of a card?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 4:23 PM

Thank you. I understand - basically, I need to use a debit or credit card for Apple Pay. I was trying to find out if I could use my checking account instead of a card. I know the payments come from my checking account funds.

All good.

Joyce 52Anne

5 replies

Dec 7, 2023 3:34 PM in response to Joyce52Anne

Hello.

The answer is yes. Here’s from Apple:

You can add a bank account to make Apple Card payments, or use Apple Cash to help pay off your Apple Card balance. The first time you choose to add a bank account, you're asked if you want to add the same bank account that you use with Apple Cash. If you select Yes, the bank account is automatically added.

Here’s a couple articles from Apple that might help: Add or remove a bank account for online Apple Card payments - Apple Support

The quote above is from this article: How to make Apple Card payments - Apple Support

Here is some other thoughts:

you can use a checking account with Apple Pay by linking it to a compatible debit card associated with your account. Keep in mind that the actual transaction might be processed through the linked debit card, but the funds come from your checking account.

Hope this helps.

Can I use a checking account instead of a debit card for Apple Pay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.