I hate 10.1.1 on my apple watch.

I just updated my apple watch to 10.1.1 and I hate the changes to the swipe up menu and the apps being in a vertical line not a bubble like I had them before. Can I change this or uninstall the update somehow? It also appears to have gotten rid of the flash light feature as well as the ability to change what mode the watch and phone are in (normal -> silent -> sleep -> work -> etc.) Just really hate it. Is there any way to fix or am I stuck hating my watch until it breaks and/or I just can’t with it anymore.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 10, 2023 12:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2023 1:38 AM

you can't downgrade

you can get to the flash light and the likes by making a snort click on the pill shaped button under the crown

you can let them know you dislike it using their feedback channel

Feedback - Watch - Apple

8 replies

Dec 10, 2023 4:32 AM in response to Icantdothisrightnow

A quick press and release on the flat oval side button brings up the Control Center, the same as a swipe up did previously (see picture)

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

DO NOT hold the button, as that brings up the Emergency services display.

If the quick button press and release timing is a problem, then play with:

Settings-> Accessibility-> Side Button Click Speed

(you have to scroll a lot to find the Side Button Click Speed setting).

You may also find this page useful:

What’s new in Apple Watch and watchOS 10 - Apple Support

May 7, 2024 8:54 PM in response to sgesualdi

sgesualdi wrote:

I hate the update to 10. I hate Apple switched the dock menu and the swipe up menu. Is there a way to switch them back?

No.

The previous Control Center swipe-up has moved to a quick press and release of the flat oval side button

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

DO NOT hold the button, as that brings up Emergency services and the power off icon.

Control Center should then show you the iPhone ping icon (find my iPhone), Battery percentage, Flashlight, Water Lock, Airplane mode, Alarm silence, Theater mode, and all the other Control Center services.

An alternate way to get some of the Control Center services is:

“Hey Siri, find my iPhone”

“Hey Siri, Flashlight”

“Hey Siri, Battery”

“Hey Siri, Airplane mode”

Getting the press and release timing just right can be an issue. You can make it more reliable by changing:

Apple Watch -> Settings -> Accessibility -> Side Button Click Speed

After changing this I never accidentally get the Emergency Services display.

“Side Button Click Speed” can adjust the press and release timing, so you get the Control Center display every time. Adjusting The “Side Button Click Speed” is also useful for Apple Pay’s double press and release. There is “Default” (sub second press and release timing needed), “Slow” (up to a second between press and release), and “Slowest” (up to 2 seconds between press and release). I like the “Slow” setting. And as I said, I do not accidentally get the wrong display.

NOTE: Slow and Slowest settings do not mean you have to wait a full second or 2 seconds between press and release. It just means you do not need to be super fast.

If the flat oval side button is giving you difficulties, then look at

Use AssistiveTouch on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch -> Settings -> Accessibility -> AssistiveTouch

can be used to access things like:

o Control Center

o Apple Pay

o Emergency Services and the Power Off icon (labeled “Hold Side Button”)

o and many other things...

You can tell Apple your thoughts via:

Feedback - Watch - Apple

Dec 10, 2023 8:03 AM in response to rdw5980

rdw5980 wrote:

I’m pretty much with you - a bunch of changes I wasn’t looking for and it screwed up my ability to use Apple Pay on the watch. Sigh - waiting for the next update with fingered crossed I guess

Apple Pay should still work with a quick double-press of the flat oval side button. Same as before (see picture)

If you are having trouble with the double press timing, then play with

Settings-> Accessibility-> Side Button Click Speed

(You will have to so a lot of scrolling to find it).

I hate 10.1.1 on my apple watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.