Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Unable to install please try again later after iOS 16.7.3 update

I am trying to setup an iPhone 8us after updating to iOS 16.7.3. For some reason all Apple app like Contacts, Notes, Reminders, FaceTime, Calendar, Watch, Shortcuts etc. is not able to install. All other apps was successfully installed and up and running. The Apple app icon is showing waiting and when you tap it will bring up a message "Unable to install please try again later". I did try all solutions I found in the internet but it didn't help. Can you please provide me some solution for this problem?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 14, 2023 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Same problem after uploading ios 16.7.3

36 replies

Dec 19, 2023 3:39 AM in response to Ani_R

Same problem.

Same solution.

Setup as new iPhone and lose all progress and settings in multiple apps, so you can load the built-in ones.

Sounds like forced obsolescence to me.

maybe even planned.

I’ve duplicated the behavior on two separate iPhone 8+ devices.

Issue doesn’t seem to exist in in iOS 17, which was only blocked in September.

Quite frustrating.

Apple Support also “cannot escalate” as the device is out of Support.

Not cool Apple, not cool.

Wait, does “just” updating to 16.7.3 cause the behavior too?

That’s really bad, and needs to be fixed.

Maybe with enough complaints it will be corrected.

Dec 14, 2023 3:44 PM in response to Ani_R

Ani_R wrote:

I am trying to setup an iPhone 8us

This section of your post suggests some change of country is involved in your scenario. That change is almost certainly relevant to your issue.

Please provide details about both the iPhone’s countries (those used since its purchase) as well as your Apple ID’s assorted country heritage and use.

Dec 18, 2023 6:17 AM in response to jeremie151

ditto same issue. issue started with podcast app not always updating play status between devices. so tried removing app and reinstall. but podcast app wont reinstall. thought about going to a backup but as only one cant go back far enough. after full restore and factory restore now have more apps which wont install? anyone found a fix ?

Dec 19, 2023 2:30 AM in response to Ani_R

Having the same issue here, iPad is fully up to date, tried resetting & full erase several times not restoring from backups etc - Using iTunes method hasn't worked either.

Weirdly its the default apps that the issue seems to be having the issues everything else is downloading fine. Spoke to Apple support & all they could say was to bear with them as they've passed it to engineers to look at. Pretty poor to be fair :(

Jan 26, 2024 2:21 PM in response to Ani_R

Hi , i have found one solution...i have tried all solution that i found online but no one worked (factory reset on the iPhone's settings, factory reset from iTunes , and all others stuff relying on networks issues)... Only one thing worked for me : Factory reset (from iTunes) and while setting up the iPhone not connecting it to my Apple account (bypass connecting to apple)...I have lost all my data...but at least it works fine now :) .

NB : You can still after the setting-up connect to your Apple account.

Unable to install please try again later after iOS 16.7.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.