Final Cut Pro Code does not work

I got a code for Final Cut Pro but my computer have an older MacOS version and can't update it no longer than 12.7.2. Final Cut seem to require 13.5. Does my codes have an expiration date? Or can I get my money back? Or is there a older verison of Final Cut I can use and get a code for?

Posted on Dec 20, 2023 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 12:36 PM

Hope this helps someone.

I had the exact same issue. I had the ProApps bundle but my macOS version (monterrey) couldn't download them.

I didn't know anyone with a mac laptop I could use, so I just used my iPhone app store to enter the codes and it worked!!

As long as you have an iPhone 6s or higher updated PAST iOS 13, you should be able to input the codes in the appstore on your phone.

1. Open the Apple appstore on your phone
  2. Click your profile in the top right
  3. Select, "Redeem Gift Card or Code"
  4. Select, "Enter code Manually"
  5. Enter in the code (it does all CAPS for you automatically)
  6. Hit Redeem
  7. Success! Go to your account on the appstore on your Mac, to verify the app is on your account.

When I hit the download button on FCP, it asked me "Download an older version of Final Cut Pro? The current version requires macOS 13.5 or later, but you can download the last compatible version."

So you will still be able to use these apps on your older Mac!

I hope this helps! Thanks so much for this thread!

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2024 12:36 PM in response to MariaNiklasson

Hope this helps someone.

I had the exact same issue. I had the ProApps bundle but my macOS version (monterrey) couldn't download them.

I didn't know anyone with a mac laptop I could use, so I just used my iPhone app store to enter the codes and it worked!!

As long as you have an iPhone 6s or higher updated PAST iOS 13, you should be able to input the codes in the appstore on your phone.

1. Open the Apple appstore on your phone
  2. Click your profile in the top right
  3. Select, "Redeem Gift Card or Code"
  4. Select, "Enter code Manually"
  5. Enter in the code (it does all CAPS for you automatically)
  6. Hit Redeem
  7. Success! Go to your account on the appstore on your Mac, to verify the app is on your account.

When I hit the download button on FCP, it asked me "Download an older version of Final Cut Pro? The current version requires macOS 13.5 or later, but you can download the last compatible version."

So you will still be able to use these apps on your older Mac!

I hope this helps! Thanks so much for this thread!

Dec 20, 2023 1:47 AM in response to MariaNiklasson

Did you purchase the ProApps bundle?

What happens if you try to enter the code in the App Store? Does it accept it, or produce an error?

If you are able to redeem the code, then you can download an older version by clicking on your account at the bottom left, and clicking the download button next to Final Cut Pro.

If you are unable to redeem the code in your mac (because of the OS version), then you could still use a friend's mac, make sure to log in to YOUR Apple id, and redeem the code. Then back at your mac, you can proceed as I described above.

Dec 20, 2023 2:03 AM in response to MariaNiklasson

Make sure to use YOUR Apple Id.

The simplest way is to have your friend create a separate user account for you in his computer.

Set it up using your Apple id. Redeem the code (and also for the other applications, as you're about it!).

Then these applications will be associated to your Apple id and will appear in the purchases list when you click on your account at the bottom left of the App Store application.

Final Cut Pro Code does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.