Has anybody found this article helpful (the instructions do not apply in my case)?

The instructions about how to remove Ventura 13.4.1, given by Apple, do not apply in my case (MacBook Pro Intel, 2019, Ventura 13.4.1): in the Settings (About this Mac > More Info > About), under "macOS", there is no "Info button" next to the "version number". According to Apple's instructions, one has to click this button to be given the option to remove this version of Ventura (13.4.1) and go back to version 13.4.0. Since this button does not appear, the instructions do not apply.

Has anybody else had the same experience?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 12:34 PM

You misunderstand. You cannot roll back any updates EXCEPT for the RSR (Rapid Security Response) updates, the latest being 13.4.1(a). Again, you cannot roll back to 13.4.0, only the RSR type updates. If you had installed the 13.4.1(a) update the option to back out would be available. And Apple pulled that update because of a Safari problem which they will re-issue soon.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 12:34 PM in response to nazoreos

You misunderstand. You cannot roll back any updates EXCEPT for the RSR (Rapid Security Response) updates, the latest being 13.4.1(a). Again, you cannot roll back to 13.4.0, only the RSR type updates. If you had installed the 13.4.1(a) update the option to back out would be available. And Apple pulled that update because of a Safari problem which they will re-issue soon.

Jul 13, 2023 10:11 AM in response to nazoreos

Why bother with a rollback anyway? If you have the Safari issue with the 13.4.1(a) update, then just use a third party browser for those affected sites until Apple releases a new update. Personally I would rather have the security protection provided by the update than accessing a particular website when another browser will work just fine.

Has anybody found this article helpful (the instructions do not apply in my case)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.