My iMac has been dumb

After upgrading the latest Ventura version and Sonoma MacOS, my computer has been dumbed more often.

And this is my iMac

How to avoice this problem? I had to re-do my projects and I'm worried about my external hard-drives

Thanks,

iMac 21.5″

Posted on Dec 22, 2023 9:15 PM

3 replies

Dec 25, 2023 7:01 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks for your reply. Following your question, please check:

• Antivirus: I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2023 and Kaspersky Network Agent 3 weeks ago and after this dumb happened, I uninstalled them
  • Cleaning: I got CleanmymacX in old version, I use when I want to clean my mac.
  • Security: Not realy understand your point on this.
  • VPN: NO
  • Maintenance: NO

I think the problem is Kaspersky, but it has been dumb few times before (not offten)

Thanks,

Dec 25, 2023 8:30 PM in response to Fantachiro

Please locate and follow the developers instructions for uninstalling both Kapersky and CMM. Both are considered malware by most experienced users on these forums. At best they do absolutely nothing that Mac OS cannot already do. At worst they modify Mac OS and make it appear buggy, slow, unstable and in-turn offer NOTHING that benefits the end user or Mac OS.

To keep your Mac stable and secure, simple keep Mac OS up-to-date and restart the Mac about 1x per week. Other than that please never install any of the types of apps I mentioned in my initial post.

My iMac has been dumb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.