How do I revert my music media back to iTunes instea of Apple Music on my pc?

I recently installed Apple Music app on my windows pc. Now all my music and media files play from Apple Music instead of iTunes. I didn’t want this to happen, as there are some ppl at my church who are not as tech savvy as I am and they’ll panic when they see all the music doesn’t play in iTunes anymore. Is there a way to revert back to iTunes? If I delete Apple Music will it revert back to iTunes?

Posted on Dec 24, 2023 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2024 5:01 AM

It didn't work for me. I opened iTunes and it still shows only Podcats and Stations, but not my music library.

Any ideas?

7 replies

Mar 19, 2024 6:32 AM in response to pervas

Did you uninstall each of Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Devices? That should be enough, but a reboot might also help. You might need to manually select the Music section of the library if it shows audiobooks or podcasts on start up. See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community if the library opens but doesn't contain the content you expect to see.

tt2

Mar 26, 2024 10:43 AM in response to nikosg93

nikosg93 wrote:

Didn't work for me either! Any other ideas?

Are you certain that you've removed each of Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Devices?

If you select the media dropdown does it show Audiobooks and Podcasts, or are other options shown?

iTunes may not always shutdown fully when it is closed. Reboot your computer and try again.

If Music is now available in the media selection control, but you don't see your expected content try Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community.

tt2

How do I revert my music media back to iTunes instea of Apple Music on my pc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.