Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iOS 17.2.1 Battery Drain

After update this week to iOS 17.2.1 my iPhone 13, bought on last march, already in warranty, starts to drain the battery very fast. I’m always using the Low Power Mode ON and still draining! Can you help????

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 24, 2023 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2023 4:25 PM

Its not all about battery health, the battery drain is the issue, my 15 Pro max is less than a month old, 100% battery condition.

On 17.2 i'd use it pretty heavily and end the day with around 50 percent charge.

Now on 17.2.1 i drop to 50 by mid day, same conditions, same usage!

118 replies

Dec 30, 2023 9:54 AM in response to tha_stela

I’m experiencing the same issue and it’s frustrating. It’s another move to make us upgrade to the latest iPhone 15–this is getting old Apple. You did this with versions 4-6. I’m happy with my 13 and don’t want to upgrade because your latest software is made to optimize your latest iPhone.

I wish there was a way to rollback IOS versions.

Dec 27, 2023 6:57 AM in response to tha_stela

My iPhone 13 is running iOS 17.2.1 with no battery drain issues. So are millions of other iPhone 13 users. That means there’s likely a rogue app on your phone that is slurping battery. In the past Facebook has been a big battery drainer if you keep it running in the background.

Have you also tried restarting/rebooting your iPhone 13?

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

iOS 17.2.1 Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.