Logic Pro x not working after Sonoma upgrade

Hi

ive got an iMac

recently upgraded to Sonoma due to bugs in general operation I'd hoped it would fix.

but it's killed Logic Pro X. Projects open, but playhead moves a fraction before stopping. no audio plays. the regions are visible but have no wave image in them.

I can drop an audio file into a project and see the wave image, but still doesn't play back. 

rebooted.

nothing.

updated logic.

nothing.

deleted logic and downloaded fresh.

nothing.

Posted on Dec 26, 2023 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2024 3:45 PM

I had the same problem and what I had to do was make sure Rosetta was turned off. Rosetta is used to open third-party plugins, and since the update fixes a lot of the problems we may have had in the past with our plugins not working due to these M1-M2-and M3 chips there is no need to use it.

at the top of your screen click on go, then go to applications, find logic pro x, then right-click and scroll down to get info and make sure open with rosetta isn't checked. You should be able to open logic right up.

if that doesn't work then keep trying or call Apple support.. I hope that will help you..

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2024 3:45 PM in response to jp202020

I had the same problem and what I had to do was make sure Rosetta was turned off. Rosetta is used to open third-party plugins, and since the update fixes a lot of the problems we may have had in the past with our plugins not working due to these M1-M2-and M3 chips there is no need to use it.

at the top of your screen click on go, then go to applications, find logic pro x, then right-click and scroll down to get info and make sure open with rosetta isn't checked. You should be able to open logic right up.

if that doesn't work then keep trying or call Apple support.. I hope that will help you..

Jan 27, 2024 11:58 AM in response to jp202020

I went from Monterey to Sonoma in order to get some of the newer features in Logic. My Apogee Symphony needed a firmware update. many of the Waves plugins are not found. I did a recording session yesterday and Logic quit unexpectedly 3 times. Very annoying. The system goes into overload or hard drive too slow error came up numerous times.

I always expect some pain with a system upgrade. I will keep an eye on this thread.

Mar 2, 2024 2:25 AM in response to jp202020

Still having this problem, submitted multiple feedback assistant items, followed everything on Apple’s support article (“Logic Pro Not Launching”), tried 10.7.9, 10.8.0, 10.8.1. Had three cumulative Sonoma updates in the meantime not fixing the same issue. Only thing left is to reinstall macOS. Come on Apple - it’s a lottery at this point which part of my workflow will get broken in each update. Cannot rely on Apple for stability anymore; just wish there was another DAW as good as Logic I could use in the meantime.

Logic Pro x not working after Sonoma upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.