Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

reinstall logic pro?

Logic Pro x has been giving me trouble.

The playback head and all screen activity stops while the tracks are playing. It does not show track activity even during recording though it does record. I cannot bounce the output. Eventually it will not respond to any input though I can save and quite without problem.

I've restarted Logic multiple times.

I've rebooted my Mac Studio multiple times.

I've disconnected all my peripherals.

I've reset all settings multiple times.

I'm running Logic Pro X 14.4.1 on Apple M2 Max on a Mac Studio with 64 GB of memory

Should I re-install?

Many thanks.

Ralph

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 12:34 PM

Reinstalling will not be of any help. It just downloads the same app and problems like your is often from corrupted 3rd party drivers, or preferences. One thing I recommend you do is to see how it runs using a different account.

Close Logic and open your Mac's Settings (You can click on the apple logo on the top left and click on Settings in the menu) Now scroll down to Users and Groups and add an account. Once you have done that, restart your mac. You should see two accounts to log in. Log into the one you just created. Once you are in, launch Logic and see how it runs. If it is running normally, then that means the problem on your main account is some bad preferences or cache. If it is still acting up then it is probably a corrupted plug-in or Sound Library,

Let us know what you find.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2024 12:34 PM in response to Ralph De Jonge

Reinstalling will not be of any help. It just downloads the same app and problems like your is often from corrupted 3rd party drivers, or preferences. One thing I recommend you do is to see how it runs using a different account.

Close Logic and open your Mac's Settings (You can click on the apple logo on the top left and click on Settings in the menu) Now scroll down to Users and Groups and add an account. Once you have done that, restart your mac. You should see two accounts to log in. Log into the one you just created. Once you are in, launch Logic and see how it runs. If it is running normally, then that means the problem on your main account is some bad preferences or cache. If it is still acting up then it is probably a corrupted plug-in or Sound Library,

Let us know what you find.

reinstall logic pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.