Help! Computer completely ignores Behringer X32 mixer

Just purchased a new Behringer X32 compact digital mixer. I plan on using it in the studio as an audio interface as well as in shows for a live setup. Regardless of situation, I want to have it hooked up to a computer so I can route my playback from my DAW to the mixer along with the live audio of my guitar and vocals. I also want to be able to record shows into my DAW. I’m new to working with digital mixers and need to figure out all my necessary routing and configurations but for now I just want to connect the X32 to my computer and DAW!!

My computer is a MacBook Pro with M1 chip running Sonoma 14.2.1. I work in Logic Pro v10.8.1 as my DAW. I’ve updated the x32’s firmware to the latest, 4.09, and I have the X32 Edit app on my computer. I was able to connect the mixer to the Edit app by using a router and ethernet cable.

Now onto the problem. I’ve spent the past five hours trying to connect the X32 to my computer via usb so that I can use it as an audio interface in tandem with my DAW. As far as I’m aware from internet deepdives, this should be a plug-and-play situation; i should be able to see the X32 come up as ‘x-usb’ or something similar in my system preferences>sound, then be able to set it as my audio input and output device before moving on to configuring it with Logic. To my understanding, I need to add it as a control surface in logic as Mackie MCU control, select Mackie MCU as the protocol within setup>remote on the X32 itself, and enable the ‘remote’ button. I’ve… done all that. Still no sign of the x-usb or anything similar showing up on my computer.

This computer only has usb-c or thunderbolt ports - I can’t plug usb3 in directly without using a dongle. So a dongle or hub is what I’m using. I understand that may be part of the difficulty? I’ve tried a few and confirmed they work with thumb drives and other devices. I’ve tried to route things (within the x32) a couple of different ways without that making any difference. I’ve power-cycled my devices in every conceivable order and combination. I’ve searched forums and watched videos and looked through FAQ’s. I’m unsure what to do now.

If someone has any suggestions for me, that would be enormously appreciated. Let me know if you need any further information or you need me to clarify something. 

Lastly I’m sorry this is so long and wordy! I’m just trying to be clear. If someone reads this- thanks! And also, help!

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Dec 26, 2023 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2023 3:27 PM

if Your mixer has a usb connection that looks like what a printer uses, you can buy a usb C to Usb A printer cable and it’ll work perfectly. Just search for USB C to Printer cable on Amazon. It should look like this. It’s what I use

Similar questions

5 replies

Help! Computer completely ignores Behringer X32 mixer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.