Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I was denied a refund for a subscription and I don't know why

I have been trying to get a refund for an automatic subscription with Facetune that was charged to my apple account. I tried to get a refund from apple but they denied

Posted on Dec 27, 2023 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2023 12:07 PM

They did this to me as well. Report to FTC.gov and get in touch with your bank !

21 replies

Mar 15, 2024 12:53 AM in response to Limnos

My niece accidentally subscribed to a premium without my consent with worth of 2 490. I requested a refund but they denied it even though my reason is valid. That money is a payment for my education/ tution fee. I did everything i could but all of them said that apple is the only one who can refund it. So now because of that there's a possibility that i'll stop school this semester. YOU DONT HAVE ANY CONSIDERATION. I understand your policy but it is a valid reason yet you declined it. And fyi, i haven't received any notification regarding of the subscription i just know it when Gcash notify me that they deducted 2 490. If ever, i would to talk to someone who can assist me with this BECAUSE THAT MONEY IS FOR MY EDUCATION have some consideration please.

Apr 1, 2024 12:40 PM in response to nadgee

I've been a loyal Apple customer for many years and currently have 6 apple products includes a new Mac, 2 iPads and 3 iphones. After I made an errant purchase of a song, I quickly asked for a refund and received no reply. That doesn't make any sense to me. At least they could have responded to my request for the refund. Very disappointed with the lack of communication.

Dec 27, 2023 12:08 PM in response to nadgee

The people responding on this support forum are users like you and we only know what Apple says in its documentation and what our own and other users' experience tells us. Apple does not have much on its criteria for refusing refunds. Here are two sections from Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions - Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

- "All Transactions are final."

I understand this as meaning Apple is starting from a point where any refund is considered an exception. They can simply say no without having to provide a reason. I understand this can be frustrating but by using the service you agree to the terms.

- "From time to time, Apple may suspend or cancel payment or refuse a refund request if we find evidence of fraud, abuse, or unlawful or other manipulative behavior that entitles Apple to a corresponding counterclaim." Make of this what you will.

You can see if the terms are different for where you live by clicking on this link Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple select your location and then your language.

If you feel you want to discuss a refund request, try to contact a live person using a telephone or chat request.

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world." Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Apr 10, 2024 6:50 AM in response to pampammd

I’ve been denied my last two requests for refunds, both of which should have been refunded. The first ($14.99), a couple of months ago, was for an app I downloaded that did not work as advertised. My cancellation was within hours. Apple refused the refund. Totally wrong, in my opinion, but I let it go.

The more recent refusal was for an app (Plant Parent) I downloaded as a 7 DAY FREE TRIAL. My card was charged within hours for the full $29.99 for a year’s subscription. Apple has refused my refund request … TWICE. This is insane. I am NOT letting this go because it is fundamentally wrong! I’ve been an Apple fan, use of all products (except the VR) and a stockholder for many years. I’ve purchased my last Apple app.

Mar 3, 2024 2:14 PM in response to edwina170

edwina170 wrote:

Hi did you get your money back ? From your bank I have same situation there was 7 days free trial but the charged me for a year subscription $89.99 that I cannot even login into

Have you even asked for a refund?

First confirm you have canceled any subscription automatic renewal (if you simply delete an app this does not cancel subscriptions):

Review the information in this support article by clicking on the link to learn how to cancel a subscription from Apple. ➔ If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

• "If you signed up for a free or discounted trial subscription and you don't want to renew it, cancel it at least 24 hours before the trial ends."

• An existing subscription will normally continue until the end of its term and may then renew automatically. Stopping automatic renewal is effectively canceling it. "If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, then the subscription is already canceled and won't renew." The "Expires" date means the current subscription will just run until then.

• Read the article to see what to do about subscriptions that do not appear in your list. If you still can't find a subscription, contact Apple Support using the link at the end of the support article.

• Canceling a subscription does not automatically start a refund.

Finally, follow the directions in this support article about how to request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple ➔ Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Apr 25, 2024 12:13 PM in response to kaitlinsunflower

kaitlinsunflower wrote:

This is a huge issue. I was denied as well for a refund on a canceled year subscription.

That not how subscriptions work. When you sign up for a subscription you are agreeing for the service for the term of the subscription. When you cancel the subscription, you are saying you do not want it to renew, but you still have the service you signed up for until that subscription ends. Getting a refund for the remainder of the subscription is not an option.

Apr 26, 2024 9:55 PM in response to Donnazor

I got charged on a “free trial” too. With no way to actually communicate with apple and this happening more and more frequently to more and more people it is clearly a scam. They know if you go to your bank and dispute they hold your life in their hands because you trusted them with your line to communication with the world.

Apple needs to work on their customer service or else they are going to find their profit margin thinning.

Ive got to replace 3 phones in the next month. All were going to be upgraded to apple products but now I’m moving to android.

Apr 26, 2024 10:35 PM in response to Vixensfolly

Did you sign up for the free trial on the website or through an in-app purchase?

Youtube offers reduced rates when signing up online and also has free trials through the website. They do this so they are in charge of billing you instead of Apple managing the subscription. That way you cannot cancel the service through Apple like you normally would and you also have to get any refunds through YouTube.

Just by searching the internet you will find many people that have been charged for the free YouTube trial including those with Android phones. They will claim that the free trial offer is only for new subscribers who have never signed up before even though they let you choose the free trial. You are then immediately charged. It is a scam.

I was denied a refund for a subscription and I don't know why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.