What is the best free PDF Editor for Mac? - PDF Editor for Mac

I'm in search of a reliable and best free PDF editor for Mac, and I'm hoping to get some recommendations based on your experiences. My requirements include the ability to edit text, add or remove images, and possibly convert PDFs to other formats like Word or Excel. A user-friendly interface and accuracy in maintaining the original layout and formatting during editing are key aspects I'm looking for.

If you have used a PDF editor on Mac that you found particularly effective and versatile, I would really appreciate your insights and suggestions. Your recommendations will help me in choosing a tool that best fits my needs.

MacBook Pro (M3, 2023)

Posted on Dec 27, 2023 11:00 PM

3 replies

Dec 28, 2023 1:21 AM in response to Stephen_Qui

Did you try the default Preview for PDF editing?

The Preview app on macOS offers a variety of features for editing PDFs. One of its primary functions is the ability to annotate PDFs. Users can add text, shapes, and highlight parts of the document. This is particularly useful for marking up documents for review or adding notes. The app also allows users to merge and reorder PDF pages, which is handy for compiling documents or rearranging them for better flow.

Another notable feature of Preview is the ability to fill out and sign PDF forms. Users can easily enter text into form fields, and the signature feature lets them create a digital signature using the trackpad, a saved image, or the Mac's camera. This makes it easy to fill out and sign documents electronically.

However, while Preview offers a range of features for basic editing and annotation, it may not be sufficient for more advanced PDF editing needs. For tasks like editing existing text within a PDF, more complex formatting, or advanced multimedia integration, users might need to look at specialized PDF editing software.

Mar 22, 2024 3:42 PM in response to Rigensoops

How does one access from the Pages document, the Preview app on MacOS? When I go to export my Pages document to a PDF, it is Adobe Acrobat Reader that pops up and where it is saved under. I need access to a PDF program as well, however on a minimal level. Mostly for documents and text based work, with little to no imagery work.

Apr 8, 2024 2:25 AM in response to Stephen_Qui

Sure thing! Preview on Mac can handle basic PDF tasks for free. For more advanced editing, like changing text or converting files, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC's free version is user-friendly.

What's more, this article lists the top 6 PDF editors for Mac and discusses their features, pros and cons.

https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/best-6-pdf-editors-for-mac.html

What is the best free PDF Editor for Mac? - PDF Editor for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.