Related Article: How to download apps and content that your family members purchased

Purchased game runs ads on shared device.

I purchased a game (Dig This from Raketspel) on I phone (paid for no ads), when family member downloads to I pad (10th gen) using family share, the game runs ads. The game was originally purchased in 2020 on older I phone, now have I phone 13, game still works without ads on I phone. Tried deleting app from I pad and reinstalling from purchases, still running ads on I pad.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 29, 2023 6:26 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2024 5:47 AM in response to Sarahtyll

Not necessarily. It very much depends on the way the developer has implemented things. An in-app purchase to remove ads may potentially only apply to the specific device where the purchase is made. You would need to dig into their terms. In some cases you can restore an in-app purchase to apply it to another device, or when you have removed and then reinstalled the app on your device. See If you can't find or use your in-app purchases - Apple Support for details.

tt2

Purchased game runs ads on shared device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.