📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Maps introduces new ways to explore the world. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"No Location Found" for all people on MacBook version of "Find My"

I have three other family members that have shared their location with me. One is sharing their location from their iPhone (and also has a MacBook, Watch, iPad, and Airpods). The other two are sharing their location from their iPads (and one also has a MacBook).

When I view the "People" tab on my MacBook Pro (2023 with M3 Pro, running Sonoma) all three people display "No location found." When I toggle to the "Devices" tab, I can see the proper location of every single device (by person) with no issues whatsoever.

I can see everyone's location, no problem, on my iPhone and my iPad. Only issue seems to be the MacBook.

I have stopped sharing and re-shared location from each person, including myself, and verified that location services are turned on. I am signed in to the same Apple ID on all of my devices, as well.

I'm at a bit of a loss here.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2023 11:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2024 12:00 PM

I did eventually fix this by signing out of Find My on my Mac, and stopped sharing location with all others and vice-versa. I then re-shared location with everyone and had them reshare with me, and it seems to have resolved it.

6 replies

Feb 6, 2024 3:14 PM in response to rpgaus

I just started having this exact same issue. Only thing that seems different is that I kept getting a notification saying I needed to update my Apple ID settings. I couldn't get that notification to go away so I signed out of, and then back into, iCloud on my Mac. Ever since doing that I have not been able to view any of my family members locations on my Mac. I can still see all of them on my iPhone perfectly fine and if I go to the devices tab, they all show up fine there as well.

"No Location Found" for all people on MacBook version of "Find My"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.