You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID shows wrong name

After getting a new iPhone noticed that my Apple ID shows my son’s name rather than my name. How do I change this back to my name?

Posted on Dec 30, 2023 3:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2024 12:16 PM

Hi, I had this issue and nothing suggested worked. What did work was updating my AutoFill info. I went into "Settings" and on the top where there was a search area I typed in "AutoFill" and a safari autofill thing came up and there I changed it from my son's contact info to my own "me" and it fixed it! Hope that helps! :D

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2024 12:16 PM in response to Margayrrun

Hi, I had this issue and nothing suggested worked. What did work was updating my AutoFill info. I went into "Settings" and on the top where there was a search area I typed in "AutoFill" and a safari autofill thing came up and there I changed it from my son's contact info to my own "me" and it fixed it! Hope that helps! :D

Mar 24, 2024 12:29 PM in response to Margayrrun

Mine was showing my wife’s name and initials in ‘Appear As’ in Airdrop on my iPad but as me on my iPhone…. A little disconcerting that this isn’t more widely known. Changing autofill fixed it for me - so not sure what the link is for quite a critical piece of information - I could masquerade as anyone.

Thanks Dreamnotez.

Dec 30, 2023 7:39 PM in response to Margayrrun

To change your name associated with your Apple ID:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com/

2. Authenticate

3. Click Personal Information

4. Click Name

To change the name of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, follow these steps:

On your device, go to:

1. Settings > General > About > Name

2. Tap the Clear Text button (X), enter a new name, then tap Done

Change the name of your iPhone --> Change the name of your iPhone - Apple Support

Change the name of your iPad --> Change the name of your iPad - Apple Support

Apple ID shows wrong name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.