iPad Pro battery replacement?

iPad Pro (12.9 2nd Gen) battery usage drains in real time - need replacement. Where can I get battery replaced and how much?

Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2023 5:32 PM

3 replies

May 25, 2024 5:26 AM in response to cosfordparker

cosfordparker wrote:

I was told today by an Apple Genius that the battery cannot be replaced in my 2nd generation iPad Pro 12.9 - that I can buy a new or refurbished one. I asked if the batteries are replaced in the refurbish process, and if so, why not mine. I asked three times and three time the question was evaded.

I also asked about Best Buy’s service. Best Buy told me they would have to send the iPad away and it would take 2-3 weeks. The Apple Genius said Best Buy would send a replacement rather than replace the battery.

I’m more than a little frustrated with Apple.

For practical purposes, in lieu of repairing and/or replacing an iPad battery - and returning your own iPad - Apple usually exchange the iPad for a renewed/refurbished iPad of the same model and specification. 

Unlike iPhone batteries that can be replaced in-store by an Apple technician, ipad batteries are considerably more difficult to access and replace. As such, iPads are returned to an Apple repair centre - this process leading to a turnaround of many weeks.

To offset the inconvenience to the customer, Apple will exchange qualifying iPad devices for a refurbished/renewed device - the exchange process being just a few days, or immediate if an in-stock replacement is a available.

May 25, 2024 5:18 AM in response to 6x6

I was told today by an Apple Genius that the battery cannot be replaced in my 2nd generation iPad Pro 12.9 - that I can buy a new or refurbished one. I asked if the batteries are replaced in the refurbish process, and if so, why not mine. I asked three times and three time the question was evaded.

I also asked about Best Buy’s service. Best Buy told me they would have to send the iPad away and it would take 2-3 weeks. The Apple Genius said Best Buy would send a replacement rather than replace the battery.

I’m more than a little frustrated with Apple.

iPad Pro battery replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.