Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I solved my iPhone 14 Pro is not syncing play counts with my MBP problem

iPhone 14 Pro IOS ver. 17.2.1 MBP 15" 2019 Sonoma 14.2.1 as off Dec 30 2023 (Happy new year!!!)... :-)))))

I have smart playlists based on songs with zero plays.

All of a sudden when I played songs on my iPhone the plays count wasn't working. (If I had, let's say 2000 songs and played 5, after syncing with my MBP instead of showing on both 1995, the count didn't change).

I went to System Settings>Sharing>Media Sharing, in my MBP, clicked on the info icon (circle with the letter "I" inside), unchecked all boxes, restarted and again the same but this time checked all boxes (needed to sign in again with my ID and password). (Read in a forum about this process as a solution for this problem)

Nothing changed, but then I realized that in my iPhone>Settings>Music the "Use Listening History" was unchecked (grayed out). I checked it (green) and the play counts started working again.

Hope this helps someone.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2023 6:45 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

How I solved my iPhone 14 Pro is not syncing play counts with my MBP problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.