You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio won't stay asleep

M1 Max, 32GB, Sonoma 14.2.1

Mac Studio will not stay asleep. It wakes every 30 minutes or so, then begins a new cycle of going to sleep automatically after 30 minutes (what I have it set for).

In Energy Saver I have everything ticked off (auto sleep when display is off, wake for network access, start up after power failure).

In Lock Screen, I have Screen Saver set to start after 5 minutes, turn display off after 30 minutes.

I have bluetooth turned off, all the time. Wifi is also off, all the time (connected to Ethernet). I use a wired Apple keyboard and mouse. No dock... everything I need can be plugged directly into the Mac Studio.

There's tons of similar issues with the Studio found online (mostly on reddit), or a few instances here on these forums, but they all seem to be from around when the Studio was released in 2022. And none have a solution. I can't find anything recent. So I'm hoping there's a recent known solution that I just haven't gotten the memo on.

Activity monitor isn't showing anything unusual.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Dec 31, 2023 11:18 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 1, 2024 10:38 AM in response to den.thed

Great advice... thank you. I was actually trying to figure out the best way to do this. I do already shut down the Mac at least every other day over night (while I'm up late working every other night too... lol). Or, I absolutely shut it down if I know I'm going to be away from it from more than a day. Just want the display to stay asleep, honestly.

I'm old school. Sleep on a Mac 20 years ago meant everything went to sleep and that was that. Now there's so many variables between Energy Saver, Lock Screen, etc... it's not quite as simple anymore. At least for this brain. Haha.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Mac Studio won't stay asleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.