Audio recorder in messages turns itself on

Since the 17 update, when I am in messages and I finish sending a text the audio message will start recording on its own without me selecting anything. I do not mean dictation. With the 17 update you now have the option to hit the plus and you get the options like photos, camera and that’s where the option to send an audio message is now. It is no longer on the text box like it use to be but yet it still pops up randomly and starts recording. Does anyone else have this issue or is there a shortcut on the message screen that I am somehow tapping that I have not figured out yet? Thanks

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jan 2, 2024 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2024 5:27 AM

Mine too. FIX THIS! It could have very bad unintended results if such an audio message is accidentally sent.

7 replies

Jan 28, 2024 11:51 PM in response to CBlazek

This happened to me recently too. Had been reading a text message I’d received out loud to a friend and then closed my case. When I opened it again later I discovered it had recorded my conversation afterwards and was playing it all back. Having never used this function before I didn’t know how to stop it. Eventually was able to delete it but what I’d like to know is if the person who’s text page I was on at the time has heard any of the conversation

Audio recorder in messages turns itself on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.