You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Sensor Burns

I have had my watch for 9 months and about 3 weeks ago, I started getting irritation that turned into blisters. I stopped wearing the watch immediately. Then next morning it was so enflamed, and swollen, I wore an ice pack. I thought at first it was dermatitis and started using over the counter creams and Benedryl. I also cleaned the watch, changed the band. It started to get worse, like it was a chemical burn. I talked to my friend (a pharmacist), and some of my colleagues (I’m a home health nurse), and they all thought it looked more like a bad sunburn. I wanted to go to my dr but he was out of town for the holidays, and the instacare was full of sick people with a 2 hour wait, so I gave up and continued to treat on my own. I put a burn poultice on it, and . It stopped blistering. I has now been a week since I started treating it as a burn, and it’s finally healing, but is still painful. I decided to try using the watch on my other wrist, because I use the watch all the time for work. After 1 day I started feeling a deep itching/burning where the watch base sits. It’s a little red, but it feels deep. I called Apple support last night and sent them pictures. They are supposed to get back on Friday. From what I have read here, it happened to some right after an update, and I now remember I updated my watch about the time it happened. Hopefully I have better luck that some of you with Apple. I just want my watch fixed.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jan 3, 2024 9:25 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 22, 2024 2:24 AM in response to 2Cute2b4

I started experiencing this issue after buying the Apple Watch 7, had no issue with the 6 and it has continued with the 8. I now use medical tape across the sensors which is a pain as it dirties the charger and has to be changed every few days but at least it stops the burning. The tape does not seem to affect how the Watch works. Also, I alternate wrists to keep the contact less and no longer wear the watch to bed.

Apple Watch Sensor Burns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.