iPhone 15 Pro Battery Life

Bought an iPhone 15 upgraded from 11 but the battery life seems to be just the same as my 11. New battery drains 1% every 4-5 minutes and overheats when charging and it’s not in use. Holds battery at 100% for a while then after that it drains 1% every 4-5 minutes

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Jan 6, 2024 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2024 6:18 AM

Bought my 15 pro 3 days ago. Battery life is awful. My 2 years old iPhone 13 can hold the 1,5 days, using phone throughout the day. But this, I don’t know. I was at apple store yesterday, they did fast battery diagnostic, from 6.00-22.00 if your screen time 3h- phone is dead. It’s not normal, now i need to give my phone to apple repair service for more diagnostics. I don’t think that for 1,2k phone it’s ok and i hope i will get new phone with normal battery.

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2024 6:18 AM in response to ohhbcase

Bought my 15 pro 3 days ago. Battery life is awful. My 2 years old iPhone 13 can hold the 1,5 days, using phone throughout the day. But this, I don’t know. I was at apple store yesterday, they did fast battery diagnostic, from 6.00-22.00 if your screen time 3h- phone is dead. It’s not normal, now i need to give my phone to apple repair service for more diagnostics. I don’t think that for 1,2k phone it’s ok and i hope i will get new phone with normal battery.

Jan 11, 2024 2:28 PM in response to rdeg09

Let’s define “overheating”. If an iPhone overheats it shuts down so it can’t be used, and displays a message saying it must cool down before it can be turned on, and it will probably be unusable for an hour or so. If you are seeing this it is a hardware problem and you should contact Apple support: 

Note that both of the above have options to receive a callback or chat

If you are not seeing this your phone has not overheated. However, if you fast charge your phone may pause charging at 80% and display a message saying that charging has paused, and will resume when the phone cools down. This is NOT overheating, and is normal when fast charging. It also won’t prevent you from using any app you have on your phone.

Also, some apps that use a lot of energy or that use cellular data rather than Wi-Fi can cause the phone to run warmer.

Apr 17, 2024 12:33 PM in response to RichieBe

If you just bought the phone and you moved all your data over to it, it is working hard to index billions of bytes of data, which can take a few days, depending on how much data you have to index. And since it's a new phone, you're likely using it to see how everything works at the same time. You need to give the phone a few days to settle down and let the indexing process complete.

Jan 11, 2024 2:30 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

If you are not seeing this your phone has not overheated. However, if you fast charge your phone may pause charging at 80% and display a message saying that charging has paused, and will resume when the phone cools down. This is NOT overheating, and is normal when fast charging. It also won’t prevent you from using any app you have on your phone.

I kinda sorta wish Apple hadn't added that notification. Like Battery Health, it seems more to cause anxiety than to solve actual problems.

Jan 11, 2024 2:43 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

I kinda sorta wish Apple hadn't added that notification. Like Battery Health, it seems more to cause anxiety than to solve actual problems.

Yes, it just paused and didn’t say why. It was much easier to answer “why did my phone stop at 80%” than it is to explain that dialog. But I also think they were oversharing with the Maximum Capacity display.

Jan 17, 2024 6:48 AM in response to KristineKre

KristineKre wrote:

But i was on vacation this weekend and charged phone through my Mac and it lasts at least 36h after charging. I don’t know what should i do now. Seems like they make a phone what only you can charge from you pc for a longer use.

The phone doesn't know where the power is coming from. Electricity is electricity. It sounds more like there was a problem with the adapter you've been using. It's possible you were using one that didn't pull enough power or was defective. Newer iPhones require more powerful adapters.

I got my iPhone 15 Pro on launch day, and I don't think I've ever charged it from my computer. This is the adapter I've been using:

Anker 20 Watt

Note that it is a 20 Watt adapter.

Jan 16, 2024 8:22 AM in response to KristineKre

KristineKre wrote:

If you bought the phone 3 days ago from Apple, you don't need to give it to Apple Repair. You just need to return it and get a different one.

May 19, 2024 12:12 PM in response to rdeg09

One of my regrets was getting the iPhone 15 Pro. The battery life is by far the worst, and my iPhone 11 still lasts all day compared to the 15 (keep in mind my 11 is at 84% battery capacity and the 15 is at 99%). I spent over $1,000 on a cell phone, and every day when it reaches 20% by 3 PM with minimal use, I regret ever wasting my money.

May 20, 2024 10:59 AM in response to Dodly19

Dodly19 wrote:

One of my regrets was getting the iPhone 15 Pro. The battery life is by far the worst, and my iPhone 11 still lasts all day compared to the 15 (keep in mind my 11 is at 84% battery capacity and the 15 is at 99%). I spent over $1,000 on a cell phone, and every day when it reaches 20% by 3 PM with minimal use, I regret ever wasting my money.

I switched from an iPhone 11 Pro that had a fairly new battery (about 95%) to the iPhone 15 Pro. I have been blown away by how great the battery life is on my iPhone 15 Pro. I like to play games on my phone late in the evening to wind down. I would often have to plug my 11 Pro in to do this. The iPhone 15 Pro almost always has 30-40% remaining at 11 pm.

Jan 16, 2024 9:48 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Maybe it works if you live in US or somewhere else. In my country i should go through several steps to prove that they sold me broken phone. But i was on vacation this weekend and charged phone through my Mac and it lasts at least 36h after charging. I don’t know what should i do now. Seems like they make a phone what only you can charge from you pc for a longer use.

Apr 2, 2024 10:43 PM in response to Lntv274

Hey, just started to charging directly from my Mac and seems it solves the problem. So no, didn’t get a new phone. It’s been 3 months for now, i think it is really issue with adapter that you use. Try to use original one. Didn’t buy mine still because there is no need. Will buy mine in summer when i will start travelling then will see if there is a really issue with adapter or the phone.

Apr 28, 2024 12:47 PM in response to RichieBe

I can’t Imagine, wow. I got a 15 pro and I’ve been using it and 100% last me an average of 10 hours constant use. And the worst part is that I’ve been spiraling thinking that there may be something wrong with my phone, but after reading all this answers I see that my phone is okay, and that a problem would exist if 100% just lasted 4 - 5 hours. I hope you get a new phone

iPhone 15 Pro Battery Life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.