How to get a refund on Apple Pay?

So this lady emailed me saying she is looking for a wig ambassador and me wanting to try something new I went for it and she said all I had to do was cover the shipping so I did and then I never heard for her again so I don’t know what to do because it was a transaction through Apple Pay and it was accepted at well

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 7, 2024 8:15 PM

12 replies

Jan 7, 2024 8:29 PM in response to __pyt_A

If you messaged her money using Apple Cash, there is likely nothing you can do. When you pay with cash, there are no purchase protections like you would get on a credit card. Never send cash to an unknown person. If you handed someone cash on the street, they are under no obligation to give it back to you.

Here is the Support Article for sending Apple Cash:

Send and receive money with Apple Cash - Apple Support

The relevant portion is:

Cancel or dispute a payment 

1. Open the Messages app, then open the conversation and tap the payment.
  2. Your Apple Cash card will open in the Wallet app. Under Latest Transactions, tap the payment, then tap it again.
  3. Tap Cancel Payment.

If you don't see Cancel Payment, the person has already accepted the payment. Try asking the recipient to send the money back to you instead.

Depending on your bank or card issuer, it might take 1-5 business days for the money to be refunded. 

Apple Cash person-to-person payments are like any other private transaction between two people, so only send and receive money with people you know. If you have questions or concerns about a transaction, please contact us.

Apr 25, 2024 8:46 AM in response to Tomflucker

Please review the information in the Apple Support articles I linked below. If you need additional assistance you can use the links in the articles to contact Apple support. No one here has access to your personal or financial information.

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Apr 25, 2024 8:56 AM in response to Tomflucker

Tomflucker wrote:

I don’t want it no more because it doesn’t work and I’m not trying to waste my money on stuff. I don’t need what doesn’t work. Just need a refund please and thank you.

Apple Pay is simply a platform that processes payments without sending credit/debit card numbers to a retailer/person. It is much more secure than entering your card number on a website. You do not request a refund from Apple Pay, the charges are disputed the same way they always have been by with the card used to make the purchase or through the company where you made the purchase.

If you used the Apple Cash card, this is the same as handing someone $20 on the street. You do not get the money back unless they give it back to you. This is why Apple says to only send Apple Cash to people you know as this is a private person to person transaction.

How to get a refund on Apple Pay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.