You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music: annual plan?

Hi!

So, Apple TV+ is $99 for the year.

Apple Music Individual is $10.99/mo... which is more expensive than TV.

Is there a way to purchase Music for the entire year? I'm not finding it.

Thanks! Chuck

Posted on Jan 12, 2024 10:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2024 11:57 AM

It should show the annual option if you tap "See all plans" as described in the following from How to switch to a different subscription plan - Apple Support

Note that the screen has changed recently and does not look the same as shown in Phil's screenshot above.

Switch your subscription plan on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app. 
  2. Tap your name, then tap Subscriptions.
  3. Tap the name of the subscription that you want to change.
  4. Tap See All Plans, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete your purchase.
  5. If you chose a subscription that you can share with family, turn on Share with Family. (Don't see Share with Family? Set up Family Sharing or join a family, then return to your list of subscriptions and turn on Share with Family.) If you don't want to share the subscription with your family, turn off Share with Family.

17 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2024 11:57 AM in response to H Charles Dilmore

It should show the annual option if you tap "See all plans" as described in the following from How to switch to a different subscription plan - Apple Support

Note that the screen has changed recently and does not look the same as shown in Phil's screenshot above.

Switch your subscription plan on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app. 
  2. Tap your name, then tap Subscriptions.
  3. Tap the name of the subscription that you want to change.
  4. Tap See All Plans, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete your purchase.
  5. If you chose a subscription that you can share with family, turn on Share with Family. (Don't see Share with Family? Set up Family Sharing or join a family, then return to your list of subscriptions and turn on Share with Family.) If you don't want to share the subscription with your family, turn off Share with Family.

Jan 12, 2024 11:39 AM in response to FoxFifth

FoxFifth wrote:

Phil0124 wrote:

Nope. Its 9.99 a month. There is no yearly option, so a Year (12 months) would be $119.88

I have the Apple TV+ Annual Plan for $99 per year.

From where?

There does not appear to be such an option anywhere from Apple.

Unless its a cable TV provider deal, its not something Apple offers anywhere I can find.

The Annual Apple Music option should be available once you subscribe to monthly option. Then you can switch to it.

Jan 12, 2024 11:02 AM in response to H Charles Dilmore

H Charles Dilmore wrote:

Hi!

Nope. Its 9.99 a month. There is no yearly option, so a Year (12 months) would be $119.88

Apple Music Individual is $10.99/mo... which is more expensive than TV.

Yes.

Is there a way to purchase Music for the entire year? I'm not finding it.

Yes. If you go into your currently active subscriptions. Select Apple Music and in the list of subscriptions there should be a Yearly option you can change to.

click here ➜ How to switch to a different subscription plan - Apple Support

There is also Apple One. For the price of a bit less than Apple Music and Apple TV+ together you get those 2 things, plus 50GB of iCloud Storage and Apple Arcade thrown in there as well.

Apple One Individual is $19.95 a month.

click here ➜ Apple One - Apple

Jan 12, 2024 12:00 PM in response to FoxFifth

Interesting. apple does not mention it at all anywhere. And while I can find some websites refer to it vaguely. I can't find it anywhere for me, probably because I use Apple One.

In any case, if it its there, great.

Same subscription would apply to Apple Music to change to the Yearly version. But yes, one must already be subscribed to the monthly option first.

I am subscribed monthly to Music, yes.

Would like to pay annually & get some savings, as I do with Apple TV+

Then the option should appear listed under the individual and family Subscription options in the list.

What do you see then if not the Yearly option when you verify your current Monthly subscription as explained in the links for Changing plans?

click here ➜ How to switch to a different subscription plan - Apple Support

Jan 12, 2024 12:01 PM in response to Phil0124

I can't find it mentioned by Apple anywhere either so it's possible that they aren't offering it anymore. Mine shows that it will renew in October and also shows it in the "See All Plans" screen In my iPhone Settings > [username] > Subscriptions > Apple TV+.

Also, it looks like the screenshot you posted above may be out of date. At least mine now looks different.

Jan 12, 2024 12:03 PM in response to FoxFifth

FoxFifth wrote:

I can't find it mentioned by Apple anywhere either so it's possible that they aren't offering it anymore. Mine shows that it will renew in October and also shows it in the "See All Plans" screen In my iPhone Settings > [username] > Subscriptions > Apple TV+.

Also, it looks like the screenshot you posted above may be out of date. At least mine now looks different.

Yeah, that's a very old screen shot intended only for illustration purposes. I will need to get an updated one.

Apple Music: annual plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.