Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

developer mode option not visible in Settings->Privacy & Security IOS 17.1.2

Under Settings->Privacy & Security there is no option to enable developer mode.

The phone is running IOS 17.1.2

How is this version placed into developer mode?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 13, 2024 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2024 7:31 AM

ManmohanSoni wrote:

How to do debugging then?

Use a cable and connect to a Mac running Xcode. This is the supported means to enable developer mode.

The Apple documentation around: Enabling Developer Mode on a device | Apple Developer Documentation

For assistance with some other means of enabling developer mode using third-party cross-platform development tools (a means that might or might not even exist, I don’t know), this just isn’t the best spot to ask. Check with the discussion forums centered on the particular development tools you’re using.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2024 7:31 AM in response to ManmohanSoni

ManmohanSoni wrote:

How to do debugging then?

Use a cable and connect to a Mac running Xcode. This is the supported means to enable developer mode.

The Apple documentation around: Enabling Developer Mode on a device | Apple Developer Documentation

For assistance with some other means of enabling developer mode using third-party cross-platform development tools (a means that might or might not even exist, I don’t know), this just isn’t the best spot to ask. Check with the discussion forums centered on the particular development tools you’re using.

Jan 13, 2024 9:21 AM in response to MrHoffman

I am trying to enter development mode for multiplatform development using Android Studio. No mac available here. All development is based on a Windows 11 machine running Android studio in multiplatform mode. It appears that in order to be detected on USB , it has to be in developer mode.

I could be incorrect on that because this is my first attempt to use the multiplatform features.

Jan 13, 2024 9:45 AM in response to PickyBikers

You’re not developing for any vendor platforms, and are not developing for iOS or iPadOS here.

You’re developing an app for that multi-platform framework. Which is intended to be your tooling and APIs and interface (and not the Apple-provided native tooling that gets discussed around here), and to then use that framework to run on various platforms. You’re a layer or three away from the native tooling. Which means it’s best ask the folks that have provided the multi-platform framework for assistance.

Folks around here are familiar with how to do this with Apple development tools and platforms, but this forum isn’t the best spot for asking about problems and issues with Android Studio being used for multi-platform and cross-platform development.

If this is Flutter for instance, here are some suggested places to ask for help: https://flutter.dev/community

May 7, 2024 11:12 AM in response to MrHoffman

Swing and a miss there, He is having the same problem I am. Developer mode is not visible in the privacy and security tab. Android, cross platform or whatever have you doesn’t matter. I don’t have the tab on my iPad Air but my other one does, both are running iOS 17.

I know this was posted months ago, my reply to your post is useless too 🤣😂🤣

May 7, 2024 12:47 PM in response to Quickpoint

Quickpoint wrote:

Swing and a miss there, He is having the same problem I am. Developer mode is not visible in the privacy and security tab. Android, cross platform or whatever have you doesn’t matter. I don’t have the tab on my iPad Air but my other one does, both are running iOS 17.

I know this was posted months ago, my reply to your post is useless too 🤣😂🤣

With the native Apple tooling, this happens automatically when cable-connecting Xcode to the device from a Mac.

Which is my first reply here.

What your tooling does here, or how it instantiates developer mode, I don’t know.

Which is why I suggested checking with the folks that know your tooling choice best.

developer mode option not visible in Settings->Privacy & Security IOS 17.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.