You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Outlook download for Catalina 10.15.7

I have a Macbook pro with OS Catalina 10.15.7 and need to install / download a suitable version of MS Outlook but am unable to find one that works. I have been told I need to delete my existing version of MS 365 (from which I had deleted Outlook some years ago as I never imagined using it) before installing / downloading the new link.

I have already tried using a number of MS links none of which were recognised. I am reluctant to delete my exisiting version of 365 in case any new link that is tried actually fails and I am left without 365 at all

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Pete

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 12:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 6:36 PM

I believe you can download the Catalina version here -> https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office-for-mac

Scroll down to October 11, 2022 16.66 (22100900) and download the "Office Suite Without Teams" installer package (not the update packages). Note: Office 365 version 16.66 was the final version compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15.7. When you run the installer you should be able to select just Outlook for installation.

Also, have you tried logging into your Microsoft account and attempt installing Outlook from there? I suggest trying that first.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2024 6:36 PM in response to Pete Middleton

I believe you can download the Catalina version here -> https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office-for-mac

Scroll down to October 11, 2022 16.66 (22100900) and download the "Office Suite Without Teams" installer package (not the update packages). Note: Office 365 version 16.66 was the final version compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15.7. When you run the installer you should be able to select just Outlook for installation.

Also, have you tried logging into your Microsoft account and attempt installing Outlook from there? I suggest trying that first.

Jan 18, 2024 4:02 PM in response to Pete Middleton

MS no longer supports Catalina...

macOS: Office for Mac is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS. As new major versions of macOS are made generally available, Microsoft will drop support for the oldest version and support the newest and previous two versions of macOS.

Which at this time is Monterey, Ventura, & Sonoma... you're at 2 OSes below that.:(

MS Outlook download for Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.