📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Home/Office EOL Question

Today my Home/Office version of apps would not update and I was told that the 2019 version had reached end of life. The following notice came up when I clicked on the "more info" icon.

Support for Office 2019 for Mac ended on October 10, 2023.

Rest assured that all your Office 2019 apps will continue to function—they won't disappear from your Mac, nor will you lose any data. However, you could expose yourself to serious and potentially harmful security risks.

I'm tempted (because the 2021 version of Home/Office is $149.99/per machine, and I have two) to just keep using the 2019 version as both my systems are Apple devices.

With all the security built into the latest MacOS releases, should I really worry about continuing to use the 2019 versions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Jan 19, 2024 7:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2024 7:24 AM

I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you are otherwise careful about keeping your Mac updated and you use great caution before opening anything you may have received via email or downloaded from someplace.

You may want to consider Office 365 instead of Home/Office 2021. A single subscription is $69.99/year and you can install it on both of your Macs (or up to 5 if you have that many of your own). That way you will receive updates as long as you subscribe.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2024 7:24 AM in response to MargeHomer

I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you are otherwise careful about keeping your Mac updated and you use great caution before opening anything you may have received via email or downloaded from someplace.

You may want to consider Office 365 instead of Home/Office 2021. A single subscription is $69.99/year and you can install it on both of your Macs (or up to 5 if you have that many of your own). That way you will receive updates as long as you subscribe.

Microsoft Home/Office EOL Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.