You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My old iPhone still says locked to owner after removing it from my iCloud/Settings

I have recently bought a new iPhone so I would like to sell my old iPhone 12. I have been through the factory reset/ erase all content and settings and this is all fine. I have logged onto my iCloud account via a computer and removed the device from my iCloud. However, when I go to turn the iPhone 12 off/on it still says 'iPhone is locked to owner'. So I can't sell it.

I don't know what else to do as it has been removed from my iCloud so I can't see the phone anywhere anymore. I have logged back on to the phone with no settings/details added and tried to sort it from inside the phone itself but that isn't working either.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 21, 2024 2:48 AM

There are no replies.

My old iPhone still says locked to owner after removing it from my iCloud/Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.