Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every few minutes, a notification message "Verifying *shm-id-FEFFAOE82267351A..." appears and quickly disappears.

Every few minutes, a notification message "Verifying *shm-id-FEFFAOE82267351A..." appears and quickly disappears. This does not happen in safe mode. How can I fix it?

Posted on Jan 21, 2024 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2024 3:41 PM

To find out who might be using it, I looked at the "asmjit in Open Source" section on their website (https://asmjit.com/). In my case, I think it was because I had erlang and rabbitmq installed on my mac using Homebrew. "brew uninstall erlang rabbitmq" looks like it might have fixed it for me.

7 replies

Jan 23, 2024 12:31 PM in response to christianmlong

Yes, indeed, it was rabbitmq. This instruction helped me. I hope it will be useful to those who have the same problem.

1. Open the Terminal application on your Mac and run the command “sudo rabbitmqctl stop” to stop the RabbitMQ server if it is currently running.

2. Type in “sudo rm -rf /usr/local/Cellar/rabbitmq” and press enter to remove all of RabbitMQ’s files from your computer.

3. Finally, type in “brew cleanup –force” and press enter to complete the uninstall process.

It is important that you follow these steps carefully to ensure that RabbitMQ is completely removed from your computer without any residual files or settings remaining behind that could cause conflicts with other applications or services on your Mac.

4. Restart MacBook.

Every few minutes, a notification message "Verifying *shm-id-FEFFAOE82267351A..." appears and quickly disappears.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.