You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chrome freezes (beachballing) and doesnt respond EVERY 10 MINUTES

I purchased this device (Macbook Air M2 2022) last year and have been using chrome as my default browser since. It never posed any serious issue until last week.

Chrome would initially freeze and beachball every few hours and now it has gotten too frequent. It would unexpectedly stop every 10 minutes. Then I have to resort to another application to quit chrome and open it again and restore my tabs.

Things I have tried already:

1) Relaunching chrome after updating to the latest version (Version 121.0.6167.85)

2) Restarting the device

3) Using chrome with minimal tabs (I was using it for with just 2 tabs in a window and it still froze)

4) Malwarebytes (as prescribed by the troubleshoot page of chrome) -> No malware found

5) Done EtreCheck too (lmk how to share the report pls)

6) Limit the number of extensions

Presently I have the following extension in place:

Also, I have even tried using chrome after removing each of them too, it didn't work.

Thanks in advance for your help. Pls cater to this issue asap, I have certain academic duties at stake.

Best

MacBook Air, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jan 23, 2024 3:39 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Chrome freezes (beachballing) and doesnt respond EVERY 10 MINUTES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.