Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote Desktop - Freeze on launch

Apple Remote Desktop is freezing on launch, after working great for years. Symptom is just that; no UI appears other than a beachball. Only option is to force quit.

I've deleted and reinstalled the app from the App Store. I've deleted all the preferences I can find, including in Containers. When deleting the preferences within Containers, I get the license agreement at next launch, then a freeze when I hit Agree. Same occurs in another user on the same Mac.

I don't see any obvious errors in Console. When I force-quit I see a message from Spindump "not processing uninteresting event (1)" and no spindump gets saved.

M1 Max MacBook Pro, macOS 13.6.3.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 8:57 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 9, 2024 10:03 AM in response to Mitch Cohen

I was able to fix this issue with a non-specific action. I restarted my Mac in Safe Mode (see Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support for how to do this). While in Safe Mode I launched Remote Desktop - and it launched fine. I then restarted my Mac normally, and it then launched and worked properly. It's been about two weeks and still running fine. Hope this helps someone!

Apple Remote Desktop - Freeze on launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.