Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

The information on the iPhone [device name] is synced with another user account.

I have the problem pretty well described in this previous question:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252991916?sortBy=best

But there is not any usable analysis of this problem.

I will try to do this up to a real solution.

My Mac ( noether ) and my iPhone ( panthere ) have been synchronized since their first contact

with iTunes through an USB cable.

Here is how is configured my synchronization between my Mac and my iPhone:

Here is the error message I have, just since I upgraded to Big Sur, when I click on the button [Apply]:

What is the "user account" mentionned in this error message?

Where are the log associated with the process running this synchronization

initial configuration where one could find some more intelligent information?

I am a system engineer, then feel free to talk of command line ( I am mainly working with command line ).

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 2:01 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 27, 2024 4:37 AM in response to a brody

@a brody, thank you for your answer.

The iCloud account on my iPhone is my own. Is is working, for example with `App Store`.

I have many accounts on my Mac, but I am actually using the one I always used to synchronize

my Mac and my iPhone when I was running High Sierra.

How should I interpret the wording of this error message

• "another user account": on the Mac or on the iPhone? which one?
  • "the information from this user": on the Mac or on the iPhone? which one?

Jan 26, 2024 9:48 AM in response to daniel Azuelos

Most likely it is registered with the iCloud account that is logged on in the Settings.

If your disconnect the phone from the iCloud account it is on, you can log on a new iCloud account.

The only challenge is if that iCloud account doesn't belong to anyone you know and the PIN/fingerprint is registered to them. At that point you probably have a stolen phone and need to report it to the police, or ask the person who gave you the phone to report it.

The information on the iPhone [device name] is synced with another user account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.