Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

What roots are available for cloning

I believe my iPhone has been rooted without my knowledge. So, my inlaws can invade my privacy.

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 25, 2024 5:42 AM

8 replies

Jan 26, 2024 6:42 AM in response to BlueDiamondBaller

You have a reasonable suspicion. You have 2 clear options:

1. Get a new phone and set it up as new; do not reload anything from the previous phone.
  2. Restore your phone using DFU mode following these instructions carefully→How To Put An iPhone In DFU Mode, The Apple Way, then do not reload anything, and set up the phone as a new phone.

A 3rd option is to get a dumb flip phone and give up using a smartphone.

In any case, contacting an attorney and/or law enforcement should be considered.

Jan 25, 2024 6:57 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Yes, on thanksgiving. My wife and Moyher-in-law had my phone when it was “lost” for a couple hours. I have certificates that were created on thanksgiving. I do not know much. Although, I do know how a phone is supposed to act and mine is not acting right. My flashlight turns on randomly. My signal doesn’t go above 2 bars ever. I do not recieve notifications half the time and I've checked the settings. When I look at my data from apple. Everything is doubled. I do not know what the means. Thank you for the help. Not paranoid. Although, my life/livelihood could be in jeopardy. The staples in my head and cuts on my face says so. Thank you all in advance.

What roots are available for cloning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.