Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Audiobook on one device not sharing to other devices

I purchased a physical audiobook and uploaded the audio files to my MacBook Air in about 2015 on an earlier MacBook Air that I have since replaced. It is loaded onto my MacBook Air Books app. My iCloud is enabled and Books is checked, so that whatever appears in my laptop version should appear on my other devices, and for the most part it does. However, this particular audiobook is not sharing across my devices. I am at a loss and do not know how to fix this. I would prefer to listen to the audiobook on my phone, not my laptop.

Devices:

1. MacBook Air (2019), OS Sonoma 14.3
  2. iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17.3
  3. iPad mini (6th gen.), iOS 17.3

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Jan 25, 2024 3:50 PM

7 replies

Jan 25, 2024 8:40 PM in response to picas

I’m impressed. Thank you. Your advice worked. I was suspicious at first because I thought iCloud did away with needing to manually plug my phone into my laptop, and in fact I hadn’t done that since the mid 2010s. But yes, the audiobook in question is now on my phone after manually syncing it via the file window. Thanks!

Audiobook on one device not sharing to other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.