MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max overheats while using Unreal engine

Hi everyone

I’m currently facing a concerning issue with my MacBook Pro with the Apple M2 Max chip and 64 GB Memory. Whenever I launch Unreal Engine, the system rapidly overheats, reaching temperatures as high as 110°C and beyond. The heat is so intense that even the keyboard becomes untouchable. I’ve experimented with various Unreal Engine versions and updates, and I’ve ensured that my macOS is up-to-date. Surprisingly, I don’t have similar problems with other software like C4D, Blender, and After Effects eventhough I rendered and work on many highly CPU/GPU demanding project

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Jan 29, 2024 10:59 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 10, 2024 9:21 PM in response to Saul1990

I have been using unreal engine on an M1 Macbook pro - and it certainly makes the laptop hot! There appear to be various ideas online about somewhat mitigating this by changing the framerate and realtime, but the main advice appears to be it isnt really suited to laptops and is a programme really designed for desktops

MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max overheats while using Unreal engine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.