Streaming Appletv with Roku issues

Suddenly Apple will not play or perform via Roku. Never been a problem before. Signal strength is Excellent.

I can get into Apple TV bit cannot watch shows.

"Unable to Play" there must be a problem with this video"

pops up.

seems like an Apple issue. All other channels play fine

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 29, 2024 7:24 PM

4 replies

Jan 29, 2024 9:38 PM in response to Bart114

via Roku

Another user (mygreensocks) suggested this procedure from Roku Support staff, which reportedly helped several users.

1. Remove the Apple TV app,
  2. Shut off and unplug the TV (or streaming device),
  3. Wait 30 seconds,
  4. Plug the TV (or streaming device) back in,
  5. Reload the Apple TV app.

Else try the Network Connection Reset, as mentioned by user Jarieta.

If the issue persists after that, then please contact the Apple Support staff for further assistance.

Apr 19, 2024 7:42 PM in response to Urquhart1244

So this is not a problem for one person I have had this happen twice. I cannot watch Apple TV from my Roku but my phone on the same wifi can watch it. I have removed and reinstalled Apple TV to my Roku, I reset the app, and now I cannot sign back in, I have restarted my Roku many times. This is the second time this has happened and it takes 24-78 hours before it will even let me sign back in after resetting the app. There is something going on with the roku’s connection to the Apple servers itself and it needs to be looked into. If I have to watch shows from the tiny iPhone screen instead of my TV then why would I want to pay the now $100 a year to keep it?

Streaming Appletv with Roku issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.