You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touchpad of Macbook air M1 vs Macbook Pro M1

I am using a MacBook Pro M1, and yesterday I received a new MacBook Air M1. While I understand the differences between them, I did not expect there to be a difference in the touchpad click.

I typically set the touchpad click to the lowest setting due to pain in my finger joints. However, I noticed that the lowest setting on the new MacBook Air M1 feels similar to the medium click on the MacBook Pro M1. This caught me off guard as it is an important feature for me.

Is this normal, or should I bring it to customer service for inspection?

Posted on Jan 30, 2024 6:16 AM

3 replies

Feb 1, 2024 3:44 AM in response to AppleUserM1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps my question was not so clear.

If you go to setting>trackpad>click, there are options from 'light' to 'firm'. I find my new MCbook Air's 'light' is not as light as MCbook pro's 'light' but firmer. It goes only to the level of 'medium' of Pro. I think there shouldn't be differences in how firm the trackpads are between Air and Pro. I am not worried about but disappointed by the unexpected differences and want it to be fixed. Please advise what I should do if I want my new Air's click setting as light as my old Pro's. It is still within the return period. I am considering it.

Feb 1, 2024 3:44 AM in response to AppleUserM1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps my question was not so clear.

If you go to setting>trackpad>click, there are options from 'light' to 'firm'. I find my new MCbook Air's 'light' is not as light as MCbook pro's 'light' but firmer. It goes only to the level of 'medium' of Pro. I think there shouldn't be differences in how firm the trackpads are between Air and Pro. I am not worried about but disappointed by the unexpected differences and want it to be fixed. Please advise what I should do if I want my new Air's click setting as light as my old Pro's. It is still within the return period. I am considering it.

touchpad of Macbook air M1 vs Macbook Pro M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.