Apple TV+ won't play "Masters of the Air".

I have an Apple TV+ account and my Roku shows the beautiful Apple app where I can play the 4k trailers but instead of showing Masters of the Air or any other Apple + show. I get an error message on the TV that says Unable to Play - There's a problem playing this video. Try again or troubleshoot. Clicking the troubleshoot button finds nothing.

Now what...?

4660X,

Posted on Jan 30, 2024 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2024 10:42 PM

I was able to resolve this issue by rebooting Roku. On the Ryukyu menu go to: settings - system - power - system restart. After restarting I was able to watch Apple TV without issue.

11 replies

Jan 31, 2024 1:27 AM in response to Dressagepm

Roku

Another user (mygreensocks) suggested this procedure from Roku Support staff, which reportedly helped several users.

1. Remove the Apple TV app,
    2. Shut off and unplug the streaming device (or Roku TV),
    3. Wait 30 seconds,
    4. Plug the streaming device (or Roku TV) back in,
    5. Reload the Apple TV app.

Else try the Network Connection Reset, as mentioned by user Jarieta.

If the issue persists after that, then please contact the Apple Support staff for further assistance.

Feb 20, 2024 8:54 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I too have not been able to get my ROKU ULTRA to play back any of MASTER OF THE AIR. Everything else in APPLE TV plays back fine. I've been using the built in APP on my SONY TV to watch the show. I've been streaming video since streaming began, and this is the first time this has ever happened where one series will not play back. The recap plays, the APPLE TV logo appears, and then everything stops. I gotta believe it's a problem with APPLE since everything else work well. I'll try the process mentioned here to see if it fixes the issue.

Apr 24, 2024 10:52 AM in response to Dressagepm

I've had a slightly different issue. We were able to watch the entire "Masters of the Air" series (and several other AppleTV shows), but couldn't watch the documentary. It would start fine, but then quickly turn into distorted video while the audio continued. Very bizarre. Using a Roku Ultra. And yes, I rebooted. Again, we haven't had a problem playing any other shows or series on the AppleTV app.

Apple TV+ won't play "Masters of the Air".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.