You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop ‘Text Replacement’ from Changing the Capitalization of Words

Hello, I use text replacement to correct many words that I misspell. I also have a lot of auto-correct features turned off due to a different native bug in IOS 17 that hasn’t been fixed yet. So I have a lot of manual entries for common misspellings of words, and they are all entered in lowercase.

However, when I write titles in Notes on my phone in all caps, it will change a word that is all uppercase to all lowercase when it is misspelled. For instance if I am trying to type “SCHOOL” and I accidentally type “ACHOOL”, it will autocorrect to “school” when I click the spacebar.

I understand that it is doing this since the words are all lowercase in my Text Replacement list, but it did not seem to do this until recently, unless I just haven’t been very attentive.

Is there any way to fix this so that the text replacements don’t try to correct the capitalization?

Attached pictures are an example of my Text Replacement list and my keyboard settings.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Feb 1, 2024 2:03 AM

There are no replies.

Stop ‘Text Replacement’ from Changing the Capitalization of Words

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.